Before You Start
This is an opportunity for students to help cure cancer and experience the benefits of giving back to kids in their community who are fighting cancer. Each of these steps, found in our VOLUNTEER GUIDE, can make your event more meaningful and your efforts even more effective! We're happy to walk through them with you. Call us! - 720-440-8620
- Set A Goal – Students thrive on meeting a challenge and helping others. What do you want your school to experience through philanthropy? We have ideas to help your school set and reach its goal!
- Get Inspired! - Meet local student survivors, our Honored Heroes, who inspire us to continue on our mission every day
- Choose Dates and REGISTER HERE – This event can be run at any time during the school year so aim for dates that don’t conflict with other events at your school
- Set Up Your Strategy Meeting – Rocky Mountain Chapter Staff will meet with you to set up fundraising ideas, incentives, and create a plan to put the pieces in place
- Set Up Your Kick Off Assembly - LLS Staff offers an exciting assembly experience to help kick off your event and educate your school on the important role they play helping LLS on our mission to cure cancer!
- Materials are provided for you - LLS provides promotional and donation collection materials, including your school's Online Give Page, that you can share with students, parents, and staff, making it easy for everyone to participate.
During your Campaign
Once you have kicked off Pennies for Patients, keep the excitement going!
- Update students on your school's progress. You will receive updates on your Online Giving success to share with students and can track classroom fundraising without counting! Break out the scale and have a Weekly Weigh In - winners can be determined by weight!
- Events staggered throughout your campaign will keep kids engaged - Spirit Days, Staff Driven incentives, Class Competitions
- Get the Word Out! – Use the Power of Social Media to spread the word to family and friends about your school's mission. CLICK HERE for templates your school can use on Social Media, Announcements, Newsletters, and Emails.
- Connect With Us and share your story! #PenniesforPatients #StudentSeries Follow us at LLSRockyMountain and studentseriesrm
Wrapping Up Your Event
With the help of your team and ours, donating is easy. We offer a few options for making your donation to the LLS Rocky Mountain Chapter and celebrating your school’s hard work! Any Questions? Just call us directly for assistance: 720-440-8629
- INCENTIVES We love to celebrate your hard work! Let us count the ways! You may indicate incentives your school or classrooms qualify for on the wrap up report
- WEIGH IN! Break out the scale and declare a winner by Weight: Cash Value + Weight of Change. You do not have to count each coin for each team to declare a winning class.
- CONVERTING CHANGE:
- BANK – local banks with a counting machine will convert change into cash at no cost to account holders. Staff, PTO, or Parent Helpers who are account holders at participating banks can be of assistance in bringing boxes to the bank with you. Often the bank will waive the fee for a cashiers check since the donation is going to a non-profit organization like LLS.
- CoinStar - You may convert the change (not cash) into a deposit made straight to LLS with CoinStar. Directions here. There is a fee for this service which is discounted for our organization. You simply choose “The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society” at the kiosk, dump the change in the machine and take the receipts. The donation goes straight to LLS but we will need a copy of your receipts to credit the donation to your school. You can deposit each classroom box separately or the entire school donation at once. Please keep the receipts and mail or email a copy to the Rocky Mountain Chapter.
- ONLINE Your school may make a donation with a credit card directly on your unique LLS fundraising page > Find Your School’s fundraising page Online donations are automatically counted toward your school’s total.
Donations must be sent to the LLS Rocky Mountain Chapter. Donations sent to our national office or national website are not recommended as we do not have the ability to easily credit your school for the donation. We accept donations in the form of district, personal, and cashier’s checks made out to LLS; Money Orders; Coinstar deposits designated to LLS; and online donations to your school’s unique LLS Fundraising Page
All donation materials should be mailed to: 720. S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 500 S. Denver, CO 80246
For Questions call 720-440-8629