It’s easy to start the LLS Student Series’ Pennies for Patients Program!
Students simply collect money over a three-week period between November and March. LLS provides everything your school needs to run the program.
Register Your School
- Decide when your school will run the program
- Register your school online by going to the Register your School tab. An LLS representative will contact you soon to get you more details
- Read your Coordinator Guide and keep it handy! Much of the same information is covered here on the website.
- Recruit a friend or coworker to join you.
- Set a fundraising goal: Contact the Student Series Team at your LLS chapter to set up your first goal planning meeting. (For maximum success, meetings should happen at least 2 months prior to campaign)
- Visit your school’s online fundraising page. Click on the DONATE tab at the top of the website to find your school from the list. Go to “Set up a Classroom page”. Learn how to set up individual fundraising pages to help support your school.
2 Months before Program
- Meet with your Student Series staff to discuss your goal and plans.
- Schedule an assembly to kickoff campaign.
- Introduce key students to campaign and provide tasks for which they can help plan.
- Finalize edits to your school’s online giving page, as well as any classroom pages.
- Send out information on campaign to school staff.
- Meet with your local chapter to create a money collection process.
1 Month before Program
- Distribute materials to the homeroom teachers.(See Supplies and Materials for more information.)
- Student volunteers should start publicizing around school. Place information in school newsletter and on school’s website.
- Update school’/classrooms’ online giving pages.
2 Weeks prior to Program
- Send parent letter home with students.
- Communicate program dates, school fundraising goal, Honored Hero information, online giving page(s) and prize information to teachers and administration.
- Encourage students to set up their own online giving pages and teach them how to promote their pages through emails and social media.
- Pass out collection boxes and student boxes to each homeroom.
- Provide Kick-Off Assembly to students.
- Collect and deposit donations at least once a week.
- Promote online donations through your school’s e-newsletter, email, website and social media. Check out the resources in the Online Giving section.
- Hang your class and school thermometer charts and track our fundraising progress.
- Motivate students with morning announcements.
- Encourage students to get donations through their personalized online giving pages.
- Send the Wrap Up Form along with any Coinstar receipts, deposit slips, checks or money orders to your local Chapter
- Share success with local media.
Register for next year!