Information and Tips
Your child will soon learn firsthand just how powerful he/she can be in helping others. Through participation in the Student Series' Pennies for Patients Program, students learn leadership, the importance of helping others and just how impactful their involvement can be in helping to save lives. During the programs, students collect donations from friends and family in honor of local student survivors and current patients. In addition, many schools implement learning activities, kickoff assemblies or classroom competitions. Depending on your school's preference, there are also prizes and awards for classrooms and schools. We need your support too. Please explore the website to learn more about the LLS Student Series, Pennies for Patients and what you can do to support your child's efforts.
Should you have questions, please contact your local Chapter’s Student Series representative.
10 Ways to Support Your Child during their Pennies for Patients Program
- Talk to your child about the value of giving back.
- Share your child's classroom, school or individual fundraising page with friends and family. See Online Giving for ideas.
- Each day, ask your child about the program.
- Take a coin collection jar to work
- Ask if your child would like to write a letter to their Honored Hero.
- Make a personal donation with a check or online gift.
- Ask your company about matching gifts.
- Ask your child if they have any questions about cancer.
- Encourage your child to explore the For Students section of this Web site.
- Tell them you're proud of them for making a difference!