Before You Start
This is an opportunity for students to help cure cancer and experience the benefits of giving back to kids in their community who are fighting cancer. Each of these steps, found in our VOLUNTEER GUIDE, can make your event more meaningful and your efforts even more effective!
- Set A Goal – Students thrive on meeting a challenge and helping others and we have ideas to help your school set and reach its goal!
- Choose Dates and REGISTER HERE – This event can be run at any time during the school year so aim for dates that don’t conflict with other events at your school
- Choose A Team – We can set up an LLS info session for your student group and staff who can help with events and processing your donation
- Set Up Your Strategy Meeting – Rocky Mountain Chapter Staff will meet with you, your student group, or staff to set up fundraising ideas, incentives, and create a plan to put the pieces in place
- Rally your Staff – When staff are excited, kids are excited! Invite them to be an active part of your school's success!
- Set Up Your Kick Off Assembly - LLS staff will help you kick off your event with excitement!
- Complete your LLS fundraising pages for teachers - Contact LLS Staff for assistance
- Advertise your Event! - Send your LLS School Fundraising page link through Announcements, Newsletters, Emails, and Social Media. Connect with us on social media #PenniesforPatients #StudentSeries facebook.com/LLSRockyMountain/
- Get STEM Curriculum - K-8 Schools can experience the science behind the research you are helping to fund!
During your Campaign
Once you have kicked off Pennies for Patients, keep the excitement going!
- Update students on progress through school announcements and social media updates
- Have events staggered throughout your campaign to keep kids engaged
- Have incentives set throughout your event – Spirit Days, Staff Driven incentives, Class Competitions
- Get the Word Out – post your LLS fundraising page on social media so that family and friends can support your students in their mission
- Weekly Weigh In! - Winners can be determined by weight! weight of coins + cash value
Wrapping Up Your Event
With the help of your team and ours, donating is easy. We offer a few options for making your donation to the LLS Rocky Mountain Chapter and celebrating your school’s hard work! Any Questions? Just call us directly for assistance: 720-440-8629
- INCENTIVES We love to celebrate your hard work! Let us count the ways! You may indicate incentives your school or classrooms qualify for on the wrap up report
- WEIGH IN! Break out the scale and declare a winner by Weight: Cash Value + Weight of Change. You do not have to count each coin for each team to declare a winning class.
- CONVERTING CHANGE:
- BANK – local banks with a counting machine will convert change into cash at no cost to account holders. Staff, PTO, or Parent Helpers who are account holders at participating banks can be of assistance in bringing boxes to the bank with you. Often the bank will waive the fee for a cashiers check since the donation is going to a non-profit organization like LLS.
- CoinStar - You may convert the change (not cash) into a deposit made straight to LLS with CoinStar. Directions here. There is a fee for this service which is discounted for our organization. You simply choose “The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society” at the kiosk, dump the change in the machine and take the receipts. The donation goes straight to LLS but we will need a copy of your receipts to credit the donation to your school. You can deposit each classroom box separately or the entire school donation at once. Please keep the receipts and mail or email a copy to the Rocky Mountain Chapter.
- ONLINE Your school may make a donation with a credit card directly on your unique LLS fundraising page > Find Your School’s fundraising page Online donations are automatically counted toward your school’s total.
Donations must be sent to the LLS Rocky Mountain Chapter. Donations sent to our national office or national website are not recommended as we do not have the ability to easily credit your school for the donation. We accept donations in the form of district, personal, and cashier’s checks made out to LLS; Money Orders; Coinstar deposits designated to LLS; and online donations to your school’s unique LLS Fundraising Page
All donation materials should be mailed to: 720. S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 500 S. Denver, CO 80246
For Questions call 720-440-8629